High School Course Catalog

Fast Start

Earning High School Credit Prior to Entering High School

Washington law (RCW 28A.230.090) allows parent(s)/guardian(s) the opportunity to place coursework taken prior to entering high school on their student’s permanent high school transcript if the courses are equivalent to a high school course. Students who take a high-school credited math, science, physical education, art or career and technical education approved course prior to entering high school, may earn high school credit. If the student and his/her family choose to have the course count as high school credit, the grade will be computed into the high school grade point average (GPA). To request that the course be placed on their student’s permanent high school transcript, parent(s)/guardian(s) of the student must submit a Fast Start Request Form to the high school counseling office any time between the 9th – 12th grade. Once the course is placed on the student's transcript, it cannot be removed. If a student passes the course, but does not wish to have credit their transcript, he/she will begin earning high school credit in the 9th grade year.